International Northern Union Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
International Northern Union Forum

This forum is dedicated to the International Northern Union.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interregional President

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Interregional President - Page 3 Empty Re: Interregional President Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:17 am

Xin Prussia

Xin Prussia
Admin

Zwotstyg wrote:
Othelos wrote:- I think 40% is a good idea. So if there's 10 pieces of legislation, only 4 can be vetoed.
- agree on 15%, and two people is fine.
- I think to keep the number down, 4 is good.

Okay, so here is the updated plan we've agreed on/I'm proposing, so far:

- A bill originates in the lower house, which has proportional representation.
- It moves on to the President, who vetoes/accepts it.
- Senate, with four elected reps from each region, reviews it for errors, complaints from the public/minority, and/or unconstitutional parts. If it finds those, it can send the bill back to the lower house for fixes (but not invalidate it). To prevent an endless cycle, this can only happen once. Otherwise, the Senate approves.
- A review committee can review a bill if 15% of a region signs a petition. The bill can be rejected and invalidated if unconstitutional. The people in the committee are appointed by the region's delegate or executive(s).
-Anyone in these positions can be impeached and/or recalled, to maintain checks and balances.

Should we call a vote? Xin hasn't said much...
Agreed. All of it sounds good to me. About holding a vote, let's wait for Xin. He usually isn't on much during the day for us; I believe he lives outside the United States, so his time is different from ours (if you're in the US as I am). I could be mistaken; that's my assumption, because he usually isn't on between about 5 PM and 2 AM EST. We'll wait until tomorrow morning/afternoon to give him a chance to read over everything and come to a verdict on the compromise. If he agrees, we probably won't need to vote; if he doesn't, then we will vote.
You're correct, i was sleeping the entire time. As for the compromise, i agree on basically all of it. I'd love to see 30% on the veto rights but 40% works too. Three salutes for proportional representation!

52Interregional President - Page 3 Empty Re: Interregional President Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:56 pm

Othelos

Othelos

Great! We all agree Very Happy

53Interregional President - Page 3 Empty Re: Interregional President Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Federation of Zera

Federation of Zera

Now that we all agree, NEXT TOPIC!

54Interregional President - Page 3 Empty Re: Interregional President Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

Ok, awesome. Here's just the list we came up with:

--The president must approve or veto all legislation.
--The president will have authority to veto 40% of legislative bills per term.
--The president will be responsible for ensuring interregional laws are enforced.
--The president (and any other officials) can be recalled by the legislature if necessary.
--The president can give orders to the defense and intelligence ministers, but both can appeal to the legislature is an unfair order has been given.

If I missed anything, post it here. We'll move on to the next subject, then: the vice-president.

https://internorthernunion.forumotion.com

55Interregional President - Page 3 Empty Re: Interregional President Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Federation of Zera

Federation of Zera

What is the term limit for a president and how long would a term be?

56Interregional President - Page 3 Empty Re: Interregional President Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Othelos

Othelos

Federation of Zera wrote:What is the term limit for a president and how long would a term be?
I think we're deciding term limits/lengths of all positions along with other election parameters later.

57Interregional President - Page 3 Empty Re: Interregional President Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

Yes, we'll decide on that when we reach how elections are carried out. It'd be easiest to have the entire interregional government replaced at one time, so that we don't have huge elections all the time. My suggestion would be 4 months, but that discussion will come later. Also, does everyone want me to go ahead and make topics for the rest of the discussion? That way we can work on all the positions at once. Xin said we should do that, but nobody else said anything.

https://internorthernunion.forumotion.com

58Interregional President - Page 3 Empty Re: Interregional President Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Othelos

Othelos

Yeah, everything at once is good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum