International Northern Union Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
International Northern Union Forum

This forum is dedicated to the International Northern Union.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ISU Refurbishment Act

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ISU Refurbishment Act Empty ISU Refurbishment Act Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am

Astrosis

Astrosis

ISU Refurbishment Act
Category: Law
Introduction
The International Northern Union has experienced an incredible amount of change since it first originated. As one of the last nations to have been in the INU when it still numbered 10 nations, I have seen it survive tremendous amounts of political turmoil, to reach astounding heights that I never thought possible. Throughout that span, we have gained and lost numerous allies to our cause, save one true constant. Our chief sister region, the International Southern Union, has stuck by us since our creation, and has maintained its seat as our chief ally for all of our existence. However, the ISU has encountered significant strife as of late. Suffering from crippling lack of production, infrequent RMB posts, and considerable loss of governmental nations to inactivity, it teeters on the brink of complete stagnation(save for a few hardworking nations). I believe that it is our duty as sworn allies to assist our oldest friends in their rime of need.
Arguments
—The ISU is our oldest and most beloved ally, having had close ties with the INU throughout both our existences.
— In addition, the ISU was our primary supporter during Kialga’s coup of the IWU, siding against the IAU and IWU alongside us.
— At its peak, the ISU was comparable in size to the INU of its time, sporting around 30-35 nations.
— Despite being refunded in order to stimulate activity, only founder Kathmandue and 2 other nations post on the RMB with even slight frequency.
— The majority of major governmental positions are occupied by nations that have been inactive for considerable lengths of time, a cause for concern.
-The ISU was also the most outspoken supporter of our interregional plans, and is integral should they ever come to fruition.
— Due to the fact that our regions have held a strong bond since we were both founded, it is necessary for a region as heavily populated and powerful as us to help our sister region, before it crumbles into inactivity.
Provisions
— 3-5 willing nations will be recruited for the Refurbishment Project to serve as aids to the ISU.
— The enlisted nations will then proceed to create puppets(all WA nations must remain in the INU to prevent endorsement losses.)
— All created puppets will be sent to the ISU, and will send Kathmandue a Telegram to detail their intent.
— The puppets will then immediately begin ensuring that all essential regional positions are filled by themselves(unless the position is held by an active nation). The require positions would include: Secretary of Recruitment, Minister of Internal Affairs(Ensuring RMB activity), and Minister of Defense. If the Minster of Defense position is considered negligible, two nations will focus purely on recruitment.
— Leftover volunteers will take actions to revive the ISU Legal system. The remaining volunteers will fill positions occupied by inactive nations(last activity was 15-20 days ago). They will then proceed to actively contribute in important matters on the RMB. If they are no volunteers to do this action, it is not a problem, as this is more of an “extra step”.
— Volunteer nations for the Refurbishment Project are expected to be online at least twice a week, even for a limited amount of time. The nation(s) occupying the Secretary of Recruitment position are expected to be active for about 3 days a week due to the position’ necessity.
—The best way to juggle both INU and ISU life is simple. Whenever one logs onto their INU account, simply switch to your ISU account immediately afterwards. I personally have accounts in all three major U regions(INU, ISU, IEU), and have found it easy to manage using this tactic.
— After 5-6 nations have been recruited into the ISU(preferably WA) that are willing to take up the reins of the volunteers, all volunteers are given permission to leave. If any volunteer wants to continue contributing to the ISU, they will be given a personal commendation from the INUCA for their efforts..

2ISU Refurbishment Act Empty Re: ISU Refurbishment Act Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:27 pm

The Foxfyre Islands

The Foxfyre Islands

I'm not sure on this one as the INU is a defender and already is doing quiet a bit. Who would coordinate this and how would you enforce it?

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_foxfyre_islands

3ISU Refurbishment Act Empty Re: ISU Refurbishment Act Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:12 pm

Astrosis

Astrosis

I would be more than happy to enforce this act in terms of inactivity from our ranks, as I am already the ambassador there. I fully wish to make this a reality, and thus will coordinate the movement. 3 volunteers, however are still needed.

4ISU Refurbishment Act Empty Re: ISU Refurbishment Act Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Adronda

I will back this up, how soon do volunteers need to head over there?

5ISU Refurbishment Act Empty Re: ISU Refurbishment Act Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:29 pm

The Foxfyre Islands

The Foxfyre Islands

Hmmm after careful consideration I will vote against. While I'm all for helping other region is out I feel we should be more worried about the INU and building it up to be a viable defender region. It should not be our job to police other regions activity, we have enough on our plate as a region as it is right now. I would rather encourage the active members of the ISU to join the INU.

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_foxfyre_islands

6ISU Refurbishment Act Empty Re: ISU Refurbishment Act Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:31 am

Jonessippi

Jonessippi

I vote no we're just not ready.

7ISU Refurbishment Act Empty Re: ISU Refurbishment Act Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:32 am

New Kormania

New Kormania

i vote no too

8ISU Refurbishment Act Empty Re: ISU Refurbishment Act Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Astrosis

Astrosis

ISU Refurbishment Act has failed 3-2 in a close one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum