International Northern Union Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
International Northern Union Forum

This forum is dedicated to the International Northern Union.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interregional Vice-President

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Interregional Vice-President - Page 2 Empty Re: Interregional Vice-President Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:00 pm

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

Perhaps, but given the conditions to actually reach such a position, few to no people placed there would cheat on the votes. An election wouldn't change much either, as the pool of people the executives appoint from is the same pool of people that will supply candidates.

https://internorthernunion.forumotion.com

27Interregional Vice-President - Page 2 Empty Re: Interregional Vice-President Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Xin Prussia

Xin Prussia
Admin

Zwotstyg wrote:Perhaps, but given the conditions to actually reach such a position, few to no people placed there would cheat on the votes. An election wouldn't change much either, as the pool of people the executives appoint from is the same pool of people that will supply candidates.
During an election however, no allegiances are owed for the appointment.

28Interregional Vice-President - Page 2 Empty Re: Interregional Vice-President Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:45 am

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

@Xin Prussia: No, but again, if someone is responsible enough to be elected as the interregional president, then he/she won't be one to engage in political bargaining. They'll appoint someone with similar ideals, but that's respectable, since the president and VP will need to work together well.

29Interregional Vice-President - Page 2 Empty Re: Interregional Vice-President Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:48 am

Xin Prussia

Xin Prussia
Admin

Zwotstyg wrote:@Xin Prussia: No, but again, if someone is responsible enough to be elected as the interregional president, then he/she won't be one to engage in political bargaining. They'll appoint someone with similar ideals, but that's respectable, since the president and VP will need to work together well.
The problem is i don't believe that to be true.

30Interregional Vice-President - Page 2 Empty Re: Interregional Vice-President Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:59 am

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

I'm in a hurry, but let me give you a quick example. John Adams of the Federalist Party was elected 2nd president of the US; due to the poor system, his VP was Thomas Jefferson of the Republican Party. In short, the term was disastrous because the two couldn't work well together. Sorry about the scrappy reply, but again, I'm rushing.

31Interregional Vice-President - Page 2 Empty Re: Interregional Vice-President Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:44 am

Xin Prussia

Xin Prussia
Admin

Zwotstyg wrote:I'm in a hurry, but let me give you a quick example. John Adams of the Federalist Party was elected 2nd president of the US; due to the poor system, his VP was Thomas Jefferson of the Republican Party. In short, the term was disastrous because the two couldn't work well together. Sorry about the scrappy reply, but again, I'm rushing.
No problem, but the part i was referring to was actually:
No, but again, if someone is responsible enough to be elected as the interregional president, then he/she won't be one to engage in political bargaining

32Interregional Vice-President - Page 2 Empty Re: Interregional Vice-President Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

Political bargaining isn't impossible, no, but with an interregional government, you aren't just drawing average people from the regions like a regional election would. You're drawing from the top of the line of each region; everyone that is respected enough to be elected or appointed would be like you, or me, or Othelos, or Zera, or Ziptron. It's a cloud of candidates that keep things serious and are responsible. Do you not favor the compromise we proposed, to use running mates? So far it seems that Zera, myself and Othelos like the idea.

33Interregional Vice-President - Page 2 Empty Re: Interregional Vice-President Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Xin Prussia

Xin Prussia
Admin

Zwotstyg wrote:Political bargaining isn't impossible, no, but with an interregional government, you aren't just drawing average people from the regions like a regional election would. You're drawing from the top of the line of each region; everyone that is respected enough to be elected or appointed would be like you, or me, or Othelos, or Zera, or Ziptron. It's a cloud of candidates that keep things serious and are responsible. Do you not favor the compromise we proposed, to use running mates? So far it seems that Zera, myself and Othelos like the idea.
Only under the condition that the VP doesn't vote count the legislature.

34Interregional Vice-President - Page 2 Empty Re: Interregional Vice-President Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

My opinion is firm that the VP should count Senate votes. I won't compromise on that.

35Interregional Vice-President - Page 2 Empty Re: Interregional Vice-President Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:46 am

Xin Prussia

Xin Prussia
Admin

Zwotstyg wrote:My opinion is firm that the VP should count Senate votes. I won't compromise on that.
Referendum it is than.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum