International Northern Union Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
International Northern Union Forum

This forum is dedicated to the International Northern Union.

You are not connected. Please login or register

INU Regional Legislature

+3
Britain-Prussia
Xin Prussia
Zwotstyg
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

16INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:59 am

Xin Prussia

Xin Prussia
Admin

How about something more to the point?: The Legislative Committee

17INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:50 am

Or perhaps The Northern Legislative Committee?

18INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Britain-Prussia

Britain-Prussia

INU Congressional Assembly?

19INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:37 pm

Xin Prussia

Xin Prussia
Admin

Shall i add a poll with the current options?

20INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:31 am

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

I prefer to let people simply post their votes here; that way, they can add an idea themselves during the vote.

https://internorthernunion.forumotion.com

21INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:47 am

Xin Prussia

Xin Prussia
Admin

Well, the way i see it we current have a 1-1-1-1 tie

22INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:59 am

The regional assembly?

On a side note (Im not sure who said it) I totally disagree with the idea that only the supreme council should vote on legislation.

Do we not seek to follow the traditional method of separation of powers? I think its crazy that the supreme council have the executive and legislative powers monopolised.

23INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:40 am

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

@Iarphairc: The Supreme Council only retains that power until we have the legislature made. We needed a part of government to temporarily make laws until we were able to finish forming the legislature, and the Supreme Council was the only one with multiple members. So you don't need to worry about that; it will only last for a little longer.

Now, everyone, we'll vote to pick the most popular names. Since we have too many candidate names for an ordinary vote, each person will pick TWO names for his or her vote. Then we will use a second vote to determine the favorite of the remaining two. Here are the options:

Vote:
1. INU Federal Convention
2. Legislative Committee
3. Northern Legislative Committee
4. INU Congressional Assembly
5. Regional Assembly

Again, pick two of these names instead of just one. The vote will be finished simply when most or all of us submit a vote.

24INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:41 am

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

I vote for the INU Federal Convention and the INU Congressional Assembly.

25INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Britain-Prussia

Britain-Prussia

I vote for Northern Legislative Committee and INU Congressional Assembly

26INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Legislative committee or regional assembly

27INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Xin Prussia

Xin Prussia
Admin

1. Northern Legislative Committee
2. INU Congressional Assembly

28INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:35 am

Albynia

Albynia

INU Congressional Assembly
Northern Legislative Committee

29INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:46 am

My 2 votes go to

1) INU Federal Convention
2) INU Congressional Assembly

30INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:13 am

Astrosis

Astrosis

1. INU Federal Convention
2. INU Congressional Assembly

31INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

Our vote is now completed: the INU's legislature will be called the INU Congressional Assembly.

WIth that completed, we now have to decide how many members we want to be in it. For this number, I recommend that we pick a percentage of the region instead of a set number; that will allow the number of representatives to grow along with the rest of the region without us constantly deciding on how many more to add. Feel free to post your suggestions here.

32INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

I suggest 15%. That's large enough to where we have sufficient representation, but it's small enough to where too much of the region is an official, and it will remain a small enough number to manage when the INU gets larger.

33INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:17 am

Xin Prussia

Xin Prussia
Admin

15% is much harder to manage than 10% or 20%.

34INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

Not particularly, no; it will almost always be a decimal, so we just round to the nearest odd number. 10% would be a good figure, but it isn't enough to begin with; that would mean we'll start with only 5 or 6 nations in the legislature, which makes it more of an executive position than legislature. 20% is too many, because that means a whole fifth of the region would be in the legislature. I do like 10%, but we need to start out with something larger so we actually have a legislature.

35INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Britain-Prussia

Britain-Prussia

15%

36INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Mundimundi

Mundimundi

We can start with 20% now but then make it less later on as we have more members until we reach 10%. We have 33 members right now, 20% would gave us 6/7 people.

37INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Xin Prussia

Xin Prussia
Admin

Not all those those 33 members would be interested in the position; however. 10% is rather fine, i think. We can just hold off on creating the legislature until we have a larger population.

38INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

@Mundimundi: We won't actually be starting the legislature until we reach 50-60 nations, so we'll have more.

@Xin Prussia: If we use 10% now or even when we reach about 50, we'll only have 3-5 members; that's not really a legislature, it's just an executive council. We'd need to reach 100 before 10% would give us a true legislature.

39INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Zwotstyg

Zwotstyg
Admin

Okay, since we only have a few ideas and no more are coming in, we'll hold a vote to decide on this now. These are the options for the number of legislators elected to form the Congressional Assembly:

Vote Options:
1. A starting 15% of the regional population will be elected, which will change to 10% when a sufficient population is attained. (Zwotstyg's plan)
2. A starting 20% of the regional population will be elected, which will gradually be lowered to 10%. (Mundimundi's plan)
3. 10% of the regional population will be elected. (Xin Prussia's plan)

Please only vote for one of the options; if you have another idea, feel free to post it and it will become an option as well. This vote will conclude when enough votes are collected.

40INU Regional Legislature - Page 2 Empty Re: INU Regional Legislature Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:08 am

Mundimundi

Mundimundi

I vote 2, obviously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next